Learning something new should be fun and easy. Today we will learn about your Endocannabinoid system. It's a bit of a mouthful so let's call it ECS.
In 1990 a really smart guy called Dr. Matsuda discovered that our body has CB1 and CB2 receptors which have been identified to modulating both central or peripheral nervous system. In other words, all those things listed below:
- Circulatory -> Your beautiful heart and blood vessels;
- Respiratory -> Your lungs;
- Urinary -> Your inner system to eliminate waste within your body;
- Reproductive -> Your bits;
- Integumentary -> Your glowing skin, hair and nails;
- Skeletal -> Your bones, cartilages, ligaments;
- Muscular -> Your muscles, what keeps us moving;
- Nervous -> How your body talks to itself;
- Endocrine -> Your glands which secrete hormones into your bloodstream to regulates stress, metabolism, growth, reproduction and lactation;
- Lymphatic -> Your lymphatic vessels that help get rid of toxins, waste and other unwanted materials.
CBD will work in tandem your ECS. Research reveals that when CBD bonds with the CB1 or CB2 receptors, it alters and/or improves the capabilities of that receptor, thereby improving the receptors functionality.